Deepfence is building next generation of application security solutions where containers and microservices are first class citizens. We are building the core team of engineers which will work directly with founders and work on all aspects of product and technology. We are venture backed and planning to launch our product early next year.
We are looking for a senior backend architect with prior experience in design and development of highly scalable, distributed applications. You will be building and enhancing our core data infrastructure.
This is a senior position and you will be owning the backend development along with one more engineer. This role requires that you have spent at least 3-4 years working on relevant technologies and use cases as mentioned below. If you have already done this from scratch as part of a startup before, awesome!
- Prior experience in developing production quality services using Python/Golang
- Demonstrated ability to build and enhance scalable Data infrastructure
- Good understanding of databases and search engines (Cassandra, Postgres, ElasticSearch) and query languages (GraphQL)
- Good understanding of web development concepts (HTML, CSS, WebSockets)
- Good understanding of technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
Nice to have:
- Open source contributions are highly valued
- Prior experience in building AI/ML heuristics
- Good understanding of container runtimes and orchestration mechanisms